Hen wheezing when breathing-breathing out of mouth I need help

My chicken is off balance

In the Brooder
Jul 12, 2022
We went out to do chores this morning and we noticed her breathing was loud and wheezing like. She is still jumpy because she is a newer hen. She just started laying and she seemed fine until now. She seems normal except for her breathing. Anything can help, thank you

We went out to do chores this morning and we noticed her breathing was loud and wheezing like. She is still jumpy because she is a newer hen. She just started laying and she seemed fine until now. She seems normal except for her breathing. Anything can help, thank you
This is a different person typing this now(about the same chicken)

I went out and heard loud squeaking and upon further investigation I found my Newley laying Plymouth Rock hen and she was loud wheezing and when she would squawk it would be very loud like she was barely able to get the noise out.
We gave her some vet RX and she is now quarantined in our garagw

Maybe a video would help,make sure she is not dehydrated and remember to keep Calm,most of the time it’s really not that serious😊😊

It sort of does yes. But add in wheezing
Did she just lay and egg, bc then I think it could be a mix of a egg song and dehydration,but you could give her some scrambled eggs with oregano and garlic to help boost her immune system and some electrolytes to get her well,that really helped me when one of my chickens was wheezing😊sound like your doing everything else right😊

Thank you so much
Your very welcome,i also heard that vetrx is very good with any respiratory issues,but it can be hard to get your hands on if you don’t live in the us like I do,so if you live in the us it can be a good idea to have it on hand like a first aid kit with electrolytes😊hope the hen will be alright

Attachments

• 8F118984-7D12-4E96-BE29-9F7B9B7E97BA.jpeg
    8F118984-7D12-4E96-BE29-9F7B9B7E97BA.jpeg
    156.9 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom