Hen with crooked neck

Valcoco

In the Brooder
Mar 11, 2023
I've noticed tonight that one of my hen has her neck crooked a bit. I really don't know what caused that. Did it happened to someone else and what do I do?? She's able to eat and drink so I'm not worried about that.

She could have the beginning stages of wry neck, give her 400 i.u vitamin E gel cap and a sliver of a B complex tablet every day for about two week or until conditions improve, you can get these at the grocery store. Pull down her waddle and pop it in.
What's her diet?

She could have the beginning stages of wry neck, give her 400 i.u vitamin E gel cap and a sliver of a B complex tablet every day for about two week or until conditions improve, you can get these at the grocery store. Pull down her waddle and pop it in.
What's her diet?
She's been eating layers pellets that's about it. My other hens are fine. I'm pretty sure she had some sort of head injury as she was totally fine this morning. I found her like that when I got back from work tonight. I can try the vitamins to see if it's going to make a difference. Thank you for the tip 😊

She's been eating layers pellets that's about it. My other hens are fine. I'm pretty sure she had some sort of head injury as she was totally fine this morning. I found her like that when I got back from work tonight. I can try the vitamins to see if it's going to make a difference. Thank you for the tip 😊
Wry neck can hit suddenly and is easily treated. Some birds just need more vitamins.

Alrigh!! I'll follow your advice and get some vitamins tomorrow.. So I just have to open her beak and make her swallow the vitamins? Thank you so much!!

Back
Top Bottom