Hen with foot wound

I noticed her bedding down on the floor of the coop, laying low. I did clean the wounds with hydrogen peroxide tonight, but I don't intend to use it consistently. I am honestly hoping it will help deride it a bit. I usually is chlorhexidine. She is currently residing in my bathtub. Tomorrow I will be able to get a feel for her eating and drinking. Thank you!
Okay, this is good for tonight, glad we could help!

She seems to be quite content in chalet shower with lots if warm bedding! What would you recommend wrapping them with? Won't she pe k it off?
You can use Vet wrap. To keep her from pulling it off, wrap it around her foot and other toes to brace it. You can use really any wrap, as long as it has padding over the wound. Good job!

Well, it sounds like she is doing pretty good, so you probably don't need to unless you have something on hand. However, you can use a cohesive stretch bandage, (such as co flex, equiwrap, co stretch, vet wrap.)

You can use Vet wrap. To keep her from pulling it off, wrap it around her foot and other toes to brace it. You can use really any wrap, as long as it has padding over the wound. Good job!
Agreed! You are doing what you need to be doing. :D Now, it will just take a bit of time for your hen to recover.

Back
Top Bottom