Hen won't brood after laying 7eggs

A broody needs a few days to go from laying to being a full time broody. The first days they are still laying more eggs and sit a few hours and leave again. When they stay on the eggs almost night and day and react nasty if you come near you have a broody. Wait 2 more days to be sure and then lay all the marked eggs you want her to breed on in the nest. Take all other and new eggs away. This way the chicks hatch within 2 days.

Are you sure there is no mite problem in the nest box? It all sounds a bit strange. And if you have a mite infestation chickens can stop laying eggs too.

Please post a few pictures of youre chickens. Maybe someone knows what breed you have.
View attachment 2635536
received_271667747963665.jpeg
received_171664234736688.jpeg
received_493666258732049.jpeg
received_476340590305471.jpeg

received_263632555489832.jpeg
The photo is wherein 1 roo 1 hen is together inside a cage is the one who have laid 7eggs then just won't brood on them. They free range during the morning when weather is nice. She laid after 4days again for an 8th egg and the following day 9th egg but i took the 7 eggs already as it was already sitting for too long. One of the 7 egg has a portion bur not whole egg soft shelled. These are some of our chickens... can you help me know what their breed is? They are quite aggressive towards same gender even the females. some chickens not pictured due to very easily stressed when disturb i did not took any photo. Thank you.

Attachments

• received_964797030927606.jpeg
    received_964797030927606.jpeg
    291.3 KB · Views: 1
I don’t know this breed. Looks like a game breed. Maybe you can start a second thread asking for a clue on the breed. Add these photos + info how much the hen and the rooster weigh.

When I want to trigger a hen getting broody I leave 4-5 fake eggs in a nest where they are safe, can feel comfi and close to the ground.

I don’t know this breed. Looks like a game breed. Maybe you can start a second thread asking for a clue on the breed. Add these photos + info how much the hen and the rooster weigh.

When I want to trigger a hen getting broody I leave 4-5 fake eggs in a nest where they are safe, can feel comfi and close to the ground.
Thank you. Will try the fake eggs.

Can someone help as i was not able to collect the eggs she laid since yesterday, as she was in the nest, she had 3 eggs yesterday but today when i was able to collect it was already only 2 eggs which remain? I tried searching maybe under the basket but none. Can someone help with this kind of issue? Thank you

??
Why fo you leave the eggs in the nest overnight.? Its better to give fake eggs if you want a broody. Mark the eggs with a date. When the broody is reliable, you swop the eggs and give her the fertilised eggs.

??
Why fo you leave the eggs in the nest overnight.? Its better to give fake eggs if you want a broody. Mark the eggs with a date. When the broody is reliable, you swop the eggs and give her

??
Why fo you leave the eggs in the nest overnight.? Its better to give fake eggs if you want a broody. Mark the eggs with a date. When the broody is reliable, you swop the eggs and give her the fertilised eggs.
I still haven't able to buy fake eggs. But the 3 eggs is also not fertile so i was supposed to get it already for consumption but just waited no hen to collect as they usually get stressed with people around.

Fake eggs can be golf balls , rubber eggs, or another object that resembles just a little bit. Or you can make you’re own from (children's) pottery clay.

Fake eggs can be golf balls , rubber eggs, or another object that resembles just a little bit. Or you can make you’re own from (children's) pottery clay.
Thank you. Yes, I have already placed my order online for fake eggs just haven't received it yet. I am also excited to see what their reaction towards the fake eggs when it arrives.

Back
Top Bottom