Hen won't open eyes and can barely balance

When you are getting the Corid and Valbazen, try to pick up 3 or 4 little packs of the Save-A-Chick Electrolytes. It is very inexpensive. It mixes one pack to a gallon of water. It really helped my girl. She could not stand at all and was falling over on her side, had mucous in her mouth, but after giving her several syringes/droppers of it I was amazed how she progressed in a 12 hour period. Wishing you the Best!

Unfortunately, I just found that she had passed in the last couple of minutes... I again want to thank you both for all your help and support. I certainly learned from this experience and what to watch out for in the future, it's just very sad that she had to suffer through it.

I am very sorry for your loss! Yes, when we go through these losses we do gain knowledge and experience to be more prepared to deal with these situations in the future. BYC is an awesome resource with a lot of experts willing to help. I have studied the forums over the past year and I can't put in to words how much it has helped me. Expert advice from folks like Castportpony, dawg53, Eggcessive, enola and many others is an amazing resource.
Best wishes and take care!

Thank you Walley!

But, actually now is the perfect time for you to worm the rest of your flock, Husker. While worming them, check each one of them for body condition, make sure none of them have any external parasites, including scaley leg mites. When I worm, I also check their toe nails to see if they need to be trimmed.

I hope none of your girls are sick! Just remember that when a chicken looks like it doesn't feel well, she has already been sick for a while.

Back
Top Bottom