Hen won't stand-UPDATE: About to inject Tylan, objections? (Pg. 3)

Hey, thank you for the reply! I'm going to go read that thread right now. Now I'm even more concerned about injecting the Tylan, because I was reading the directions and it said not to use it unless you have a syringe that can deliver as little as .1 mL, which mine isn't.
he.gif

Anyways, I'll check out that thread!

ICallMyselfCherie' :

Hey, thank you for the reply! I'm going to go read that thread right now. Now I'm even more concerned about injecting the Tylan, because I was reading the directions and it said not to use it unless you have a syringe that can deliver as little as .1 mL, which mine isn't.
he.gif

Anyways, I'll check out that thread!

I was just reading the tread and it starts to get pretty informative around post #8, then slacks a bit and then gets better again by page 3. Really check out where they are talking about giving injectalbe Tylan 50 by mouth. Maybe worth more researching to see if you can go that avenue.​

Yeah, I was looking at that! I sure would rather do it that way. I'm not really squeamish (I've done crop surgery before), but I'd rather not cause her pain if there's an alternative. I'm just wondering if it is as effective . . . I'm going to go look at that thread again.

I'm kind of wondering if it needs to just run it's course. You said her discharge didn't stink, maybe you just let it be? I don't know. I just know that you must feel (because I would too) that if you do nothing she could maybe die. It's so hard to make medical choices sometimes!! What is your gut telling you? I try to go with my gut feeling because it is usually right. I wish I had the right answer of what you could do to help her!!
hugs.gif

Last edited:
Oh, you are so sweet, I needed that hug, lol.
hugs.gif

Yes, you're exactly right. That is just how I'm feeling. And . . . I don't know. I guess my gut tells me to do something . . . but not inject. So maybe I'll go the Tylan by mouth route. Then give ACV and one of the Vit/Min. supplements in water to her and just try to keep her drinking it . . .

She is eating, but for some reason she doesn't want to drink. I'm thinking of putting oats in her water and when she eats the oats she'll get water that way. As for standing, she has been trying sometimes. I might even say she's getting a bit more strength. But she doesn't try often enough or for long enough to be able to know for sure. She doesn't seem to be having any more discharge, though.

ICallMyselfCherie' :

She is eating, but for some reason she doesn't want to drink. I'm thinking of putting oats in her water and when she eats the oats she'll get water that way. As for standing, she has been trying sometimes. I might even say she's getting a bit more strength. But she doesn't try often enough or for long enough to be able to know for sure. She doesn't seem to be having any more discharge, though.

That sounds promising. (no more discharge and maybe getting more strength.)

Do you have her in a box or cage in the house with a roost bar available? I wonder if she would attempt to try and roost if she hasn't. Just to get a bet idea of how she is doing.

That is a great idea with the oats. Do you have a kool-aid pack? I think I read you could add a bit of kool-aid to the water and that might get her to drink because is adds a bit of flavor. Also, I wonder if she would like warm, verses cold water? I'm thinking humans like something warm with a cold, maybe she would too? I'm just throwing stuff out here. lol​

Back
Top Bottom