Hen?

What about this one? Same age. Is pretty small in comparison (only a bit bigger than the 6 week olds we have - she/he is at the bottom of the pecking order)View attachment 2331354
I THINK she may be a well...she! A hen to be more accurate. You know, she is at the bottom of the pecking order, I can't see spurs (though maybe he/she does, I'm not too sure...I can't see any from the photo:confused:). Small comb too. And kind of small tail feathers as well.

I THINK she may be a well...she! A hen to be more accurate. You know, she is at the bottom of the pecking order, I can't see spurs (though maybe he/she does, I'm not too sure...I can't see any from the photo:confused:). Small comb too. And kind of small tail feathers as well.

We didn't see any spurs either when we checked again today. Her comb is pink but very small. And yeah lol - she is right at the bottom. Will always eat last as well when I happen to throw treats in, or hang around the edges and grab what she can. Will occasionally chase the babies away, but only when it comes to me throwing treats in. Very placid, laid back. Nothing like my roos that we had to rehome (the 2 today actually went for my cat through the wire fence - he is terrified of birds and I have never seen him run so fast in my life lol)

10 weeks old. Comb is basically non existent (unlike our prev 2 we hatched where theirs were pretty big even at 5 weeks).

Also personality wise totally different from the cockerels we had, too. Not very bold or adventurous. Also not aggressive to the babies (6 weeks old) unlike the other 2 cockerels that looked the same colour wise, who were rehomed to a nice lady on a big farm today. (We've hatched 6 and so far 4 have been cockerels lol).

Notice she(?) is kind of timid, tries to go unnoticed? (If that even makes sense). I don't have a better photo because of shyness and I didn't want to cause unnecessary stress.

Also any idea on breed?
Where did you get her? She could be a cuckoo orpington.

We didn't see any spurs either when we checked again today. Her comb is pink but very small. And yeah lol - she is right at the bottom. Will always eat last as well when I happen to throw treats in, or hang around the edges and grab what she can. Will occasionally chase the babies away, but only when it comes to me throwing treats in. Very placid, laid back. Nothing like my roos that we had to rehome (the 2 today actually went for my cat through the wire fence - he is terrified of birds and I have never seen him run so fast in my life lol)
Poor cat lol! After what you said, I am now pretty confident saying it's a pullet/hen (girl ❤ ).

Where did you get her? She could be a cuckoo orpington.

From one of our village neighbours. They have a huge mixed flock. The egg was a light brown/tan if that's of any help? They also have a load of speckled marans hens (more of them than other hens). I forget the 2 roos they have - I think one is a light sussex or speckled sussex (I've never seen him myself)

Poor cat lol! After what you said, I am now pretty confident saying it's a pullet/hen (girl ❤ ).

Here he is up on the fence crying for me to get him down because the roos wanted at him lol
IMG_7qmgcv.jpg

Back
Top Bottom