Hen

Awbou

Hatching
OK so Basically I have a RIR Hen. She lays Tons of Eggs I've noticed the last couple of Days she's been sitting on her Eggs about 1Doz.. I don't have any Roostets, So is she waiting for her Eggs to Hatch?
1f423.png
1f423.png
1f423.png

hi the eggs will rot. if she comes off her nest you need to try to take at least 1 or 2 or 3 eggs daily out of her nest. or try to get them out from under her be careful if you do this you may want to wear a nice pair of gloves she may try to peck you. and she will make a bunch of noise.

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I have 25 hens and no roosters in my flock and I occasionally have a hen that goes broody. Just reach underneath her and take those eggs away from her each day. That way they will not go bad, you will be able to enjoy eating them, and eventually her broodiness will pass. Since she's broody, she will stop laying eggs and if she's your only hen, you will not get anymore eggs in the nest until her broodiness passes. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your broody hen.

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

If you have no rooster, the eggs are not any good for anything except breakfast!

Back
Top Bottom