HenHaven is a GENIUS! Zane Thanks You, Lynn! LOOK!

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
Lynn, bless her heart, had a brilliant idea to send me a bowling ball sling to retrofit to support my injured cockerel, Zane. Look, Lynn! It was a stroke of genius! Its comfy and he can drink and eat and poop. DH put a concrete block in front of him with food and water he can easily reach and we'll do the same thing in the wire dog kennel when we put him back inside today. Thank you, Lynn. Cyber hugs from across the country to my very good friend.
DCP_0094.jpg

DCP_0095.jpg

DCP_0096.jpg

DCP_0100.jpg

DCP_0099.jpg

DCP_0102.jpg

How cool is that! It looks like it just might work. At least he can get to his food and water. With all the love he receives there is no way he can't heal.

We used to be able to get a similar thing over here for putting babies into. It was called a baby bouncer. Hope it works for poor Zane

YAY!

You guys did a great job! I sure hope this helps! At least it will free up Tom, aka The Human Sling, LOL!

Good luck, Zane! You are one loved chicken!
love.gif

P.S. If he doesn't start putting weight on his legs, but just hangs there, make sure you give him breaks from the sling, or just use it as a therapy measure. Otherwise, it will put pressure on areas and then there will be another issue to deal with.

Hmmm.... I wonder if you could do that with old-style underwear (I don't know any bowlers).
woot.gif

Guess it wouldn't look nearly so cool !!!

Last edited:
Quote:
I don't know any bowlers but, it looks similar to a tank top that someone cut off mid body and sewed together and then cut the holes for legs etc.

Back
Top Bottom