Hens Crowing

jeffrey3001

Hatching
Apr 21, 2023
I have 3 hen white leghorn chickens that one the past two months have been crowing so loud in morning they are waking me up. I know they are females as they lay eggs every day. I have tried leaving them locked up in coop, putting crow collars on them, but nothings seems to be working. Besides the annoyance of waking me up, I'm concerned it will be a problem with my neighbors eventually. I purposely made sure I didn't get roosters for this reason and I need some help. I have had other chickens in the past and have never had this problem before.

How old are they? I have a crowing hen, it's not uncommon as crowing isn't a strictly male trait.
Though having them all doing it is unusual. It can be a sign of a hormone issue
I'd suggest rehomimg.

I have 3 hen white leghorn chickens that one the past two months have been crowing so loud in morning they are waking me up. I know they are females as they lay eggs every day. I have tried leaving them locked up in coop, putting crow collars on them, but nothings seems to be working. Besides the annoyance of waking me up, I'm concerned it will be a problem with my neighbors eventually. I purposely made sure I didn't get roosters for this reason and I need some help. I have had other chickens in the past and have never had this problem before.
I have no personal experience with crowing hens.
But from what I have read, they are not likely to stop. So if the crowing is a problem, I suggest you make plans to rehome them.

Just curious how this worked out, did the crow collars help? I have a noisy hen and trying to decide if the collar would help or if I should just rehome. She’s the only one that bothers my neighbors..

Back
Top Bottom