hens crowing

Here's my morning squawker:
81845_skyde_10_weeks_old.jpg

Last edited:
I have a hamburg hen who is very loud and makes a weird noise...I think if you didn't know better you might think she was crowing but she's not.
Ahhh-Ah-Ah-Ah-Ah-Ahhhhhh-Ah-Ah-Ah-Ah-Ahhhhhhh! That's the best I can do...although in person I can mimic her pretty well.

WOW, Rob and Kathleen -- that was AMAZING! Thanks for the video! I'll try to get a video of my chicken tomorrow morning.

[Watch me get up early for no crowing -- that would be bad news and good news, wouldn't it!]

Quote:
Thanks, Wheatie is a special little bird and when she feels lost due to her very poor vision she crows her little heart out. Can't wait to see yours!
I have also heard of others that have crowing hens, they just crow for different reasons.

cool.png
We have an OEG hen about 14 weeks old ( believe me, the roosters that are the same age are all rooster). This little girl is our most delicate and loudest, no waddle, small yellow comb, very delicate. I swear she crows more like an uuuuurrrrr uuuuurrrrr uuurrrrrr then continues to make shorter clucky uuurrr uuurrr. She likes to be held, sits on your lap, but then will start making a crowing like sound that is to die for. She then gets down, and crows all the way around the pen. The others don't pay her any attention as far as responding, but she certainly crows. We call her Gwen from Ben 10 (my 5 and 6 year old are Ben 10 obsessed). She cracks us up!

Back
Top Bottom