hens crowing

Quote:
Hmmm...I am not too familiar with that breed but if it were me, I would say roo only because of the age and the redness of the comb. However, like I said, I am not familiar with that breed. We do have a Sultan that we thought was a pullet because he never crowed, was very docile, and didn't develop "male" feathers until very late. I am hoping you have a pullet though
smile.png

I have heard a hen crow before. It's rare, but it happens. I've also seen a hen mounting another hen... And yes, it was definitely a HEN, not a rooster...
smile.png

Quote:
Hmmm...I am not too familiar with that breed but if it were me, I would say roo only because of the age and the redness of the comb. However, like I said, I am not familiar with that breed. We do have a Sultan that we thought was a pullet because he never crowed, was very docile, and didn't develop "male" feathers until very late. I am hoping you have a pullet though
smile.png

I had one like this too....

Quote:
How about a Henster.... Or a RooHen.....
gig.gif

LOL Very cute. Does she still lay eggs? I have heard that if you have a hen that crows that it has something to do with the reproductive system being kind of confused... I could never tell If my crowing hen had stopped laying eggs because I never knew who was doing the laying.....

I have a mystery crower that I can never see who it is. It is making that urrr urrr urrr urrr sound. I can make it better than I can spell it. It only happens right when I open the coop up for the morning and only a couple of times over the last couple of weeks. I never hear anything else that sounds like a crowing after that, and I can still not figure out who it is. I have a buff orpington, black australorp, and a black sex link. You can follow the debate over mine if anyone is interested.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=538063

I have a rooster and they grew (and still are) up together and whenever my roo crows my hen screams! its funny! she trys to be just like him!

lol.png
I WANT TO START WITH I LOVE THE VIDEOS!!!! THE ONE OF THE LITTLE ONE WITH POOR VISION AND A LITTLE BRAIN DAMAGE ALMOST MADE ME CRY! DID THAT HAPPEN FROM BEING PECKED ON? WELL THIS ONE I AM TALKING ABOUT SHE(I HOPE IS A SHE) DOESNT SOUND AS LOUD AND COCKADOODLE DOIE AS THE OTHER TWO. I GUESS I WONT KNOW UNTIL SHE LAYS AN EGG OR NOT. I SURE HOPE ITS A SHE. THEY ALL WERE SUPPOSED TO BE HENS BUT SO FAR 2 OUT OF THIS 3 THAT I KNOW OF ARE ROOSTERS. HOW DO YOU RAISE ROOSTERS WITH ROOSTERS? I MEAN ARE THEY MEAN TO ONE ANOTHER CAN THEY BE WITH ONE ANOTHER? SO FAR THEY DO FINE. THEY PICK FROM TIME TO TIME BUT NOTHING BIG.

the3ofus+oursixchicks :

I CANT GET MY PICTURES TO THE SITE I HAVE IT DOWN LOADED NOW WHAT?
87967_193.jpg

I fixed it for you. What you need to do is go to your up loads section and highlight the bottom URL and copy it dont try to type it in you were missing a whole bunch of info.... LOL.... You will get it with practice.

OH and by the way
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom