Hens habits

koifarm

Songster
10 Years
Sep 2, 2009
saint augustine florida
Took this one this afternoon, we had let the girls out for a stroll and in the process one of them found treats in a styrofoam bowl and decided to wear a new costume for the New Year. We haven't decided if it will bother egg production or not but will remove it when they coop up for the evening.

010.jpg

013.jpg

That's hilarious! I never realized the personalities and fun that chickens provide until I got my bunch in aug. The store said they are golden comets. My hens look like yours.
smile.png

What a riot!
ya.gif
Silly bird!

Thanks for sharing that...I needed a little poultry levity! There was drama, no, make that DRAMA in my chicken world today.

I had the opportunity to visit a local breeder's farm today, and it was a real pleasure! They have a beautiful variety of show quality breeds - from Cochins, to Game birds; Bantam Brahmas, to Barred Plymouth Rocks, which is what I went there for - a rooster for the hens - to replace the cockerel I thought I had - the one that just started laying.
duc.gif

The cockerel is lovely. He's quiet; well-mannered; healthy; for my desire, a very handsome bird. But from the way the hens acted when they realized he was in their midst, you would think I had brought home a wolf!
th.gif
Poor guy! He was/is afraid of them & they of him; he made a pass at a couple of the hens, which scared him just as much as it scared them!
hu.gif
Good news is...lights are out & everyone is in the same coop on roost bars. OK, so I did have to go in in the dark and place a couple of the boneheads up on the roosts.

Definitely looking forward to days when a styrofoam plate is the highlight of chicken world !

big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom