Hens not laying eggs

Aleah913

Chirping
Sep 4, 2020
Hi everyone, my neighbors hens arnt laying any eggs yet, she got them the first week of March 2021 they're now on 20% layer feed get plenty of oyster shells and chicken grit along with meal worms and scratch grains and spend loads of time in the sun.....do they just need some more time to start laying? They're bigger than my hens were when they started laying.

Attachments

• 20210728_152625.jpg
    20210728_152625.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
Hi everyone, my neighbors hens arnt laying any eggs yet, she got them the first week of March 2021 they're now on 20% layer feed get plenty of oyster shells and chicken grit along with meal worms and scratch grains and spend loads of time in the sun.....do they just need some more time to start laying? They're bigger than my hens were when they started laying.
She also just got them fake eggs to help encourage them to lay as well.

Around 20 weeks old, they will likely begin to lay, sometimes a bit later. Size has more to do with breed. You may have a smaller breed than your neighbor. It seems like forever when waiting for those first eggs!!

we got 12 chicks in mid Feb. they have only been laying for 2-3 weeks, and one has yet to lay. They are different breeds than in the picture you posted.

Back
Top Bottom