Hens or roos?

Yucca quail

Chirping
Apr 4, 2020
Totally new to this.. they are Italian quail? Can you tell the sex by just looking at them?
D4CDEC7C-E189-4A56-A6BA-EB34BD4B6B01.jpeg

Yes you can feather sex Italians. How old are they? Around 2 weeks?

The males will have a burnt orange chest and the females with have a speckled chest, just like regular pharoahs. But they all will start out with some speckles and eventually the males will lose them and get the burnt orange color.

With regular pharoah color you can feather sex them at 2-3 weeks, might take a tad longer with the Italians, I'm not sure....

Yes you can feather sex Italians. How old are they? Around 2 weeks?

The males will have a burnt orange chest and the females with have a speckled chest, just like regular pharoahs. But they all will start out with some speckles and eventually the males will lose them and get the burnt orange color.

With regular pharoah color you can feather sex them at 2-3 weeks, might take a tad longer with the Italians, I'm not sure....
They are supposedly 4 weeks. Not sure about their hatch date🙁

Capture.PNG

Red one is probably a female (spots on chest).

Blue one could be male (no spots on chest) but it's hard to tell from that angle.

The rest I can't tell because of their positions.

You'll need to wait a little longer to be certain.

Here's a video that might help you

So with Italians the speckles have to be black? I’ve seen some with that light brown pattern on a really light Italian

Back
Top Bottom