Hens or Roos???

If I remember right when my buff orpingtons were that age they seemed more round, this buff chick seems a little more streamline, and her legs seem just a tad bit thick. So she could turn out to be a Roo,
hide.gif
or a different type of chickie. But I think that the SLW look girly
big_smile.png

Quote:
Wouldn't she show a comb by now?

shes a rose comb so its hard to tell roo or hen with them. how old are they? they both look like pullets to me

They are about 9 weeks old now.

Quote:
They are certainly keeping me on the edge of my seat!

When I pulled up the Orpingtons, they do look just like Snowball. Especially that scruffy head, and the butt
smile.png
. Pepper is already pretty "regal"
smile.png
..slick feathers.

When I took them to a meeting a few weeks ago, someone said "She is much smaller than my other Leghorns".
roll.png

Quote:
I think Pepper is a boy.. My SLW is 6 months old and only started having wattles this big a week ago
hmm.png
I hope she's going to lay for me soon!
tongue.png

IMG_1499.jpg

I would say snowball is a girl though.

Quote:
Yes, only two
smile.png
. We were actually going to get chickies in the spring, when our coop was built. But, alas, the lure of the fall chickies was too much for my men to resist
smile.png
. I am reading up on integrating chickens, so we may get more...but right now, my two are it. Checking the thread daily on the "pullet" votes. I am already way to attached to these girls, hope neither turns out to be a rooster.

Quote:
Wouldn't she show a comb by now?

shes a rose comb so its hard to tell roo or hen with them. how old are they? they both look like pullets to me

They are both about 9-10 weeks old
smile.png

I'm actually leaning toward roo on both of them, sorry. I'd be interesting if you'd post pics again in four weeks or so.

Back
Top Bottom