Hens or roosters?

SJWit

In the Brooder
Feb 28, 2017
We got 12 chicks from TSC on March 1st. I'm new to the whole chicken momma thing and so far I love it. 3 of our chicks are red sex links. All of the others were unsexed. We're pretty sure we have one Amberlink rooster and 2 hens. He's bigger, has a redder comb and darker feathers than the other two.

We have three Rhode Island Reds. My hubby thinks one is a rooster also but they all look the same to me. Would love to hear what other more experienced chicken families think!

Finally we have two Australorps. We lost one in the first few days. Sweet little thing. Not sure about these two either. Opinions would be appreciated! :)

We got 12 chicks from TSC on March 1st. I'm new to the whole chicken momma thing and so far I love it. 3 of our chicks are red sex links. All of the others were unsexed. We're pretty sure we have one Amberlink rooster and 2 hens. He's bigger, has a redder comb and darker feathers than the other two.

We have three Rhode Island Reds. My hubby thinks one is a rooster also but they all look the same to me. Would love to hear what other more experienced chicken families think!

Finally we have two Australorps. We lost one in the first few days. Sweet little thing. Not sure about these two either. Opinions would be appreciated!
smile.png

White ones---rooster on the right. red ones for sure a rooster on the right---middle might be one too----black ones---rooster on the right. Is what I am seeing.

I see a lot of cockerels. If you really did get red sex-links- then the white birds are all boys. The right ones in all three pics look like roo's to me, but it's early yet.

I see a lot of cockerels. If you really did get red sex-links- then the white birds are all boys. The right ones in all three pics look like roo's to me, but it's early yet.

As PD-Riverman said, I did not take pics of the red sex-links, these are the others we got. Thanks very much!

Back
Top Bottom