hens or roosters

pooh731

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 10, 2011
Hanford, ca

Here are new pis of my baby chicks. They are almost a month old can you tell me if they are hens or roosters.

junebuggena

Crowing
Apr 17, 2015
Long Beach, WA
So when you took the pics they were about 2 and a half weeks old? They grow and change a lot in just a weeks time. Post again when they are at least 1 month old and mostly feathered.

Ol Grey Mare

One egg shy of a full carton. .....
7 Years
Mar 9, 2014
Oregon
My Coop
My Coop
So when you took the pics they were about 2 and a half weeks old? They grow and change a lot in just a weeks time. Post again when they are at least 1 month old and mostly feathered.

X 2 - when you take photos at 1+ month of age (6+ weeks is even better) you should compare them to these photos and you will be amazed at the huge differences you see in such a short time.

Ol Grey Mare

One egg shy of a full carton. .....
7 Years
Mar 9, 2014
Oregon
My Coop
My Coop
These photos are not really going to be too useful in answer your question regarding gender -- to really see a bird and get an idea of what you have the photos are best taken in a natural, full, light and showing the birds from the side in a natural, standing position as well as a nice frontal comb shot. Photos showing those angles best show the characteristics we have to see to determine gender.

Top Bottom