Hens roosting in trees

Welcome :welcome Mine have learned quickly that ‘the mason jar’ means treats..... if I need to round them up for any reason (seen coyote, Fox, mink or other predator nearby or bad storm/winter storm is coming etc) I step outside with mason jar partially filled with black oil sunflower seeds - a favorite treat for them) shake the jar and call them and they come running from wherever they are and follow me to the coop/run. Scatter some seeds and - voilà :) Everyone is ‘home’

Welcome :welcome Mine have learned quickly that ‘the mason jar’ means treats..... if I need to round them up for any reason (seen coyote, Fox, mink or other predator nearby or bad storm/winter storm is coming etc) I step outside with mason jar partially filled with black oil sunflower seeds - a favorite treat for them) shake the jar and call them and they come running from wherever they are and follow me to the coop/run. Scatter some seeds and - voilà :) Everyone is ‘home’
I have used treats to do that, totally forgot about that solution

Love that!

Back
Top Bottom