Hens skin on neck sliced wide open on fence

Pics
She busted some of her stitches. I have some steri strips somewhere.ill try them

Attachments

• 15906909117522428379796553661983.jpg
    15906909117522428379796553661983.jpg
    579.4 KB · Views: 11
Bleugh. I need to go to bed. She's going to rip herself open more trying to get the bandage off.
Nothing stuck. Its really humid. Nothing dried.
She's vetericyned and neosporined. Nonstick bandages didnt stick. One is still under the vet wrap but most went flying when she shook off on the first try.
She's in good spirits.

She ate a lot of her food and drank some water.

Attachments

• 20200528_144552.jpg
    20200528_144552.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 20200528_143758.jpg
    20200528_143758.jpg
    522.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 20200528_142755.jpg
    20200528_142755.jpg
    353.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 20200528_144720.jpg
    20200528_144720.jpg
    333.5 KB · Views: 10
Ellis mnaged to get into mischief while i was gone. She got the flypaper stuck on her and she spilled her water. Both of which she's not done before!

People on this forum always want a poop picture. Wet, since during the surgery
The pic is from after she got wrapped in the flypaper. Then she went for a walk through the yard. There's a bright, intense green i haven't seen before, but i think it looks ok
20200528_142702.jpg

Thank you

Sure. I have oregano oil. And fresh oregano, mugwort, echinacea, comfrey, lemon balm, lemon thyme, mint, many plants. Pawpaw, mullein, raspberry, peach etc.
How would you use the oregano oil? I feel like sticking it in her water will just cause a blazing hot drop on top of the water.

Mugwort for what purpose in the wash?

Wash should be iso tonic or hyper tonic? She's still open and it's going under the skin, too.

The commercial oregano essential oil mix is put in the water but pure oil will float, but if you have fresh maybe take the fresh oregano and steep it and give her that tea to drink after you add to it all the other goodies... . Nice selection of herbs Btw.

I would use the GT Mugwort mix to clean up the wound when she reopens the area... or when you need to clean the area. The ingredients helps kill bacteria, viruses, parasites and help heal wounds. Below is some info on plants including Artemisea ... basically Mugwort helps heal and reduce the inflammation of the wound. Since you will be cleaning the wound as she is active and reopening it you may as well use an herbal wash. The wash also traditionally had Red Turmeric in it but this will dye your chicken red and toughen her skin as Red Turmeric contains lime if you use all three together I would use regular Turmeric which will still dye your hen but not toughen the skin. Turmeric is another antiseptic. Basically all three ingredients work together to keep healthy birds healthy and heal injured birds. This is a traditional herbal wash from Vietnam, they bathe their Game Fowl birds in it.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6110936/

Turmeric powder can be put in a shaker, and dusting a wound (human, critter, or chicken) with it will stop bleeding. Remember Turmeric powder dyes...

I hope this helps.

The commercial oregano essential oil mix is put in the water but pure oil will float, but if you have fresh maybe take the fresh oregano and steep it and give her that tea to drink after you add to it all the other goodies... . Nice selection of herbs Btw.

I would use the GT Mugwort mix to clean up the wound when she reopens the area... or when you need to clean the area. The ingredients helps kill bacteria, viruses, parasites and help heal wounds. Below is some info on plants including Artemisea ... basically Mugwort helps heal and reduce the inflammation of the wound. Since you will be cleaning the wound as she is active and reopening it you may as well use an herbal wash. The wash also traditionally had Red Turmeric in it but this will dye your chicken red and toughen her skin as Red Turmeric contains lime if you use all three together I would use regular Turmeric which will still dye your hen but not toughen the skin. Turmeric is another antiseptic. Basically all three ingredients work together to keep healthy birds healthy and heal injured birds. This is a traditional herbal wash from Vietnam, they bathe their Game Fowl birds in it.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6110936/

Turmeric powder can be put in a shaker, and dusting a wound (human, critter, or chicken) with it will stop bleeding. Remember Turmeric powder dyes...

I hope this helps.
Yes, very much, thank you. I'm lost in a web of very cool articles that i got to from your link. Reading about neutrophils etc 24 hours after the injury made me remember that topical st johnswort promotes granulation, i have to look up in what form to use it. whether it's oil made from steeping johnswort, or ticture. It's not flowering here, yet. I think it was the oil, and I'm pretty sure i have some.

Back
Top Bottom