hens too cold and windy to come out for food and water

geepers6

Songster
6 Years
Jun 29, 2013
Upstate New York
We recently moved and are using the eglu cube for the winter. I have 4 hens. Barred rock, buff Orpington and two wyandottes. There is no way to put food and water in the cube and it's been so cold and windy that the girls are reluctant to come out to their tiny attached run.
I'm worried that all this stress will harm them. Any suggestions from other cube owners who live in a cold climate. It's 5 below and windy this morning.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. The eglu seemed like a perfect solution for the winter but I'm afraid it might not work. I'm not handy at all

Could you protect your run with plastic sheeting / even feed bags? It may encourage them to venture outside maybe
idunno.gif

Yes. We're pretty tarped up. I'm wondering what the issues are for eglu cube owners. I've read tons of reviews and everyone seems to love them. They haven't come out today. It's 10:22 and 4 degrees. Their food and water are outside the cube. Thanks for your comment. I'm a worrisome chicken owner.

Yes. We're pretty tarped up. I'm wondering what the issues are for eglu cube owners. I've read tons of reviews and everyone seems to love them. They haven't come out today. It's 10:22 and 4 degrees. Their food and water are outside the cube. Thanks for your comment. I'm a worrisome chicken owner.
Put straw down in the run.......

Not sure what else you can do?

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom