Her Eye Seems To Be Stuck

10keyes12

In the Brooder
Jun 30, 2022
So my chicken, Albina, she's been sick for the past 3 days but has been getting better. Her eyes were mostly affected and she breathes heavy. I keep forgetting that she breathes heavy so it doesn't really cross my mind when I look for medication for her. She is able to open her affected eye but it seems like she can't move it back to it'd original place. It keeps looking off to the side and she never did that before. I put dry eye drops that were medicated in both eyes because my father and I didn't really know how to help in the moment. She's been moving around like she did before but more gingerly. I don't know how to help her eye go to it's original place. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 20220703_095552.jpg
    20220703_095552.jpg
    483.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Yes I was and she was roaming around buy after she laid her egg she was pretty tired the rest of the day. However I didn't apply the treatment yet.
I'd try to get the ointment as suggested and put it in her eye.

It sounds like she has some other issues going on. What do you feed, including treats?

She was being picked on by the flock? Is that better or are you keeping her separated from the flock? Any lice or mites on her and is her crop emptying?

If you can post some good clear, updated photos of her and her poop, it may be helpful. We'll try to help you see if she can get better.

I'd try to get the ointment as suggested and put it in her eye.

It sounds like she has some other issues going on. What do you feed, including treats?

She was being picked on by the flock? Is that better or are you keeping her separated from the flock? Any lice or mites on her and is her crop emptying?

If you can post some good clear, updated photos of her and her poop, it may be helpful. We'll try to help you see if she can get better.
I feed her the laying pellet from DuMor's line and for treats I give her finely chopped carrots, radishes, and green onions. She's still being separated from the flock since she is very scared of them and still gets picked on. Their crop isn't emptying.

Attachments

• 20220706_075803.jpg
    20220706_075803.jpg
    495.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220706_164358.jpg
    20220706_164358.jpg
    508.4 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom