Herbs and Resources, Natural, Organic, and/ or Non GMO and more

Each stated generally had in on-line identification. and most herbs grow wild as is. you just need to locate what is in your area. many grow easy. http://www.groworganic.com/ has herb seeds. Most herbs are actually considered weeds, and cooking spices are herbs as well with many wonderful properties to them :)

I have had a history of uti's and kidney infections and the antibiotics only worked sometime. After an evening of painfully peeing blood I took uva ursa. Ive been taking 3 tablets with à glass of water and felt relief in a few hours. Why dont Dr's prescribe herbs instead of peddling pills loaded with side effects? I take antibiotics and i cant be in the Sun too long, I have diarrhea, my tummy hurts, and it goes on for days!

I know that stuff works! My daughter got them frequently UTI gone in 48 hours. They went away once she was potty trained. I just gave her a weak tea of it. Worked for my husband too.

Yes Doctors should study natural medicines I am fortunate to have a doc that allows me to use alternative. he said if it works do it! He told me my research was as good as his on such things and he is semi-retired. But he gits me the diagnosis and I treat. I know sometimes prescriptions are needed. I wish there were more docs like him!

Modern medicine is just the active component from the herbs/plants, etc. Those herbs work so for money's sake it gets turned into a pill with a fancy name that sometimes don't work as they should because they've been changed for mass production. The good ol days of growing and wildcrafting for yourself;-)

I would love to hear what others have growing this year! I have sage, lemon balm, sweet mint, mint, spearmint, rosemary, sweet basil and lemon thyme. The sweet mint was planted by the chickens last year and is getting bigger than I've ever seen. The rest I got in Spring and have transplanted most to their own raised beds. Some annual veggies are planted throughout the beds too. I can't decide which herb smells the best between the rosemary and the sweet basil! I had ironed my pants the other day and afterwards kept smelling what I thought was sweet basil. After about an hour I figured it out- the starch I used was supposed to be lavender but smelled like sweet basil so every time I moved I'd smell really good
1f601.png
So what do yall have growing this year?

Could you post a pic of your lemon thyme please? Mine was a mystery plant growing in the side of the lemon balm pot when I bought it. I'm pretty sure by the looks and smell that it is lemon thyme. When rubbed we think of it as a lemon cleaner smell
1f604.png

I am still planting seed. THe focus to date has been getting in the veggies, but I now realize I need a number of hers and flowers to their benefit and mine. Marigods, nasturtiasm, basils and more to get seeded. Hoping for time tomorrow. Never enough time to get it all done.

Back
Top Bottom