Here comes the fun and guessing lol

wilkinsfarm2020

Songster
Feb 5, 2020
Backstory. One of my hens hatched these two babies around July 26thish..

I am starting to wonder if big daddy the last pic was dad for both.
They both came from same egg color so I'm guessing same mom.

I definitely think the white one is Delaware mom.
Is it possible the little brown/black chick big daddy being the dad made him brown/black.

The only other possible hens I have that would make him black is Australorp. Which I think big daddy is part austra and buff orp and possibly barred rock. Those are the three breeds the man we got him from had.

Thoughts opinions?

The white chick has a pic update too and her coloring is where I think she gets the color pattern from big daddy. Thoughts on that?

It still has zero comb hence why I keep calling it a pullet. I know the black one is most definitely a cockerel.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1630644976689.jpg
    FB_IMG_1630644976689.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 15
  • FB_IMG_1630644986269.jpg
    FB_IMG_1630644986269.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 17
  • received_1279756685818683.jpeg
    received_1279756685818683.jpeg
    57.2 KB · Views: 17
  • FB_IMG_1628897471721.jpg
    FB_IMG_1628897471721.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 17
Backstory. One of my hens hatched these two babies around July 26thish..

I am starting to wonder if big daddy the last pic was dad for both.
They both came from same egg color so I'm guessing same mom.

I definitely think the white one is Delaware mom.
Is it possible the little brown/black chick big daddy being the dad made him brown/black.

The only other possible hens I have that would make him black is Australorp. Which I think big daddy is part austra and buff orp and possibly barred rock. Those are the three breeds the man we got him from had.

Thoughts opinions?

The white chick has a pic update too and her coloring is where I think she gets the color pattern from big daddy. Thoughts on that?

It still has zero comb hence why I keep calling it a pullet. I know the black one is most definitely a cockerel.
Really hard to tell parentage with mixed breeds of mixed breeds. Agree "Big Daddy" could be father to both, though the little black cockerel likely has the Australorp for a mom. The white chick does appear to be a pullet. 😊

Hens are full. Big daddy is my only mix loli also thought the little cockerel could be Australorp mix. Big daddy looked the exact same when he hatched so I also thought he is part Australorp.

But I know the guy that I got him from only had black Australorp buff orps and barred rocks. And full no mixes. So he is one of them 😂

I do also think white one is a pullet and black is most definitely cockerel.

Back
Top Bottom