Here I am again🤦🏻‍♀️

Kimmyk80

Songster
Jul 16, 2019
So I went to my local Rural King today and picked up a couple of silkie chicks to replace 2 that I bought that didn’t make it. Anyway, one of the poor little dudes appears to either A) not have any eyes, or B) has an eye injury that has cause its eyes to be stuck shut. I am a sucker for underdogs, so of course she is now in my brooder. So far, I have used a q-tip to apply Vetericyn plus to them, and have ordered some of the Vetericyn plus ophthalmic gel to put on them. Any ideas on what else I can do? She has figured out where the food is but I’m worried about her finding the water.
5ADB8895-6380-43B0-BC3A-3B18B810B46D.jpeg
F1D32192-9CEA-40BD-8800-56891B33E2E5.jpeg

Keep the water in a consistent place, periodically dip her beak in the water and she will soon remember the location. Apply the ophthalmic ointment, and perhaps her eyes will be okay.

Keep the water in a consistent place, periodically dip her beak in the water and she will soon remember the location. Apply the ophthalmic ointment, and perhaps her eyes will be okay.
I have been watching her closely and she has been able to find the water. She keeps scratching at one of the eyes like it is is itching or has something in it. Should I spray her eye with the Vetericyn?

I know Vetericyn plus doesn’t say it is for use around eyes, but I don’t have any of the ophthalmic gel yet. Anyone know if it will hurt to use the Vetericyn Plus around the eye? Will it hurt if it gets in the eye?

Do you have any plain Triple Antibiotic Ointment? Apply a small dab to each eye. Vetericyn is supposed to be safe for the eyes if it gets into them. It looks like another chick might have pecked her eyes, and they are crusted stuck.

Yes, bacitracin is one of the ingredients of Neosporin or Triple Antibiotic Ointment. Just something to keep it from sticking together, until you can get the eye gel or Terramycin eye ointment from the feed store.

Yes, bacitracin is one of the ingredients of Neosporin or Triple Antibiotic Ointment. Just something to keep it from sticking together, until you can get the eye gel or Terramycin eye ointment from the feed store.
Ok I put some on both eyes. It has these spells where it scratches the side of its face like crazy. I’m not sure if it’s the Vetericyn/ointment treatment or something else causing it...

Back
Top Bottom