1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Here I am again

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by debilorrah, Oct 11, 2008.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Looking, surfing, and no one is posting!!! [​IMG] Where is everyone on the west coast????

2. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    Working late to get all the jobs done that where scheduled for the summer.

3. debilorrah

HI THERE!!!!! I get so bored after my fiance goes to sleep and there is no one posting. I have a potato story. My fiance gave some mashed potatoes to the chickens - the roo LOVES them. He had potatoes ALL OVER his face and the man didn't have the sense to go get the camera!

4. RTRChick

RTRChick Out Of The Brooder

Oct 10, 2008
    Alabama
    I'm waiting for my husband to get home...

Lol! I have learned so much about chickens these last few hours.. who knew they would eat mashed potatoes lol!!!

5. debilorrah

I know, right??? My fiance gave it to them - I gave them a baked potato awhile ago and the roo did the same thing. It is too funny. We have to nuke a potato now so we can get a pic

6. chilling in muscadine

chilling in muscadine { I love being disfunctual }

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    Quote:Hey, what part of Alabama are you from? PEACE

7. RTRChick

Oct 10, 2008
    Alabama
    Hey I'm in Tuscaloosa. Going to the University of Alabama. Hence the RTR. We are getting a house soon and I've been bugging DH forever about wanting chickens. Even thought about trying to keep a little one in my apartment, but according to other BYC peeps thats not such a good idea.

8. debilorrah

No not a good idea. The poop everywhere! When you have a balcony or a yard, then go ahead. I love our chickens so much! they are awesome.

9. RTRChick

Oct 10, 2008
    Alabama
    Lol yah... I realize its a bad idea now.. but do you remember that show friends? Those two guys had a chicken and a duck in their apt so I figure there had to be other people who've done it. Plus one of the girls in my class had a duck in her apt for a few months, but she got rid of it. It won't be long though, then I'll be posting pics of my chickens covered in mashed potatoes.

10. debilorrah

I actually had a duck in an apartment - Lucy. For 2 years! Then it was no longer manageable. they are a kot of work.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by