Here is my first coop -

Hi lurky -- yes I already have my birds. We actually had ordered 25 online but sold all but six. They are about six weeks old now. I'll get some pictures later.

Here is couple more photos of the coop.

DSC00231.jpg

DSC00234.jpg

DSC00233.jpg

I have more but have to get them off the camera. Thanks for the input.

Here is some more progress. It's heavier than I had anticipated. It would probably take 2 or 3 people to move it but my tractor is able to pull it w/o a problem. I plan to put it in a field and let the hens free range. I'll move it every few days so that they have fresh pasture. Anyone else doing this?

DSC00239.jpg

DSC00240.jpg

DSC00242.jpg

CMOM - - Very nice! How many birds do you have in your coop? How often do you move the coop?

Quote:
I have 6 right now. I gave some away, but am planning on getting more. I had to go away for awhile on family business so I have some friends looking after them until I get back which should be by the end of the week. I used to move the coop monthly, but lately it's been about 3 months. I will move it when I get home. I was just in NH. We have a daughter who lives in NH.
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
For one of the gable ends I have an old vinyl window sash that I made a quick frame for and have silliconed in place. On either side of the nest box I used automatic foundation vents. They are 8x16 and open and close based on the temp. They are completely closed below 40 F and completely open above 70 degrees. They use no power. I am not sure how long they will hold up to the dust though.

Here is a link to the foundation vents

http://www.gaf.com/Content/GAF/RES1/ROOF/FoundationVents.html

Back
Top Bottom