Here is my new Chicken Coop (Still in Progress)

Very Nice, Your chickens will be
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Here is the final version. I have planted Clematis where the lattice is on the front (not shown in pic).

frontview1.jpg

finished_coop_and_pen.jpg

interiorview.jpg

INTERIOR VIEW FROM NEST BOXES TO ROOST

interiorview2.jpg

INTERIOR VIEW FROM ROOST TO NEST BOXES

My chickens are now 15 weeks old and I will be adding 6 guineas to the mix. They are hatching today...as I write this.

Since I have built this, I have acquired 3 peafowl (1 peacock and 2 peahens) and built a pen for them. I have hatched out 10 more chickens (Cream Brabanters) and 5 turkey poults (Royal Palm and Narragansett). A friend gave me 6 breeding pair of Bob White Quail and I built a pen for them. I also built another 16X16 pen attached tot he peafowl pen. That will either be for the White Peafowl eggs I am incubating (if they hatch), or the turkeys. I would really prefer it is the peafowl, turkeys and guineas were free range, but my fence is only 4' high at this point and even though I will clip their wings, some of them can make it over that fence. I don't want my neighbors having to deal with my "livestock". S for now, everyone will remain penned until I can figure out a better way.

peacockpen_w_cover_sm.jpg

PEAFOWL PEN

penfront_sm.jpg

QUAIL PEN FRONT

penrear_sm.jpg

QUAIL PEN SIDE/REAR

Soon I will have no space left...I only have 1/2 an acre.

Hope you enjoyed the pics.

Take care,

VERY NICE!!!!!!!! I'm so jealous!!! Geez, looks like you'd have enough room in there for a couch. You could sit in there and watch the chickens instead of tv. Much more entertaining in my opinion! LOL

Your designs are very attractive. Do you live in a warm area? It seems like there isn't a lot of protection from cold, or are you going to add something in the winter?

Back
Top Bottom