1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

here is one weird info question

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by old geezer, Nov 21, 2010.

1. old geezer

old geezer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2010
    cambridge , ny
    [​IMG]......i have a couple of chicken coops for my pet laying chickens--10 very spoiled lovable birds--[​IMG]-and decided to build another , but more of a game bird run and shelter for pheasant , { chineese ring necks } i know i have to get a game bird permit also for this project-- and have for years had dealing with pheasants , i even dug out of the mothballs my wincheseter book on pheasants , and th nilo shooting preserve book-----now for the weird part , this old geezer was wondering that before i start this project ---is it possible to buy , or find , purchase from some one , a couple of ruffed grouse ? i know they can become very domesticated and friendly ,same as bob white quail , these are for pets----not for training or releaseing to the wild--- any sugestions---or am i reaching to far with the pats ?

2. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Send A Pm To Spectrum Ranch On Here... Randy Should Be Able To Give You Information On Them As I Beleive He Has Some??

3. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    There is a guy in Mi that sells them.He is in the Gazette magazine.I have his info,but do not want to post it on an open forum.He get's 250.00 pr
    In N.H.,Tony.
    Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by