Here They Are: Babies From Several Hatches! (PICS)

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
These are from hatches on Nov 14, 16, 21, 23 & 24th all in the brooder, except the last blue Orp baby who is still drying in the hatcher, starting with Miss Attitude, who is already spoken for.
DCP_8662.jpg

DCP_8666.jpg

DCP_8667.jpg

DCP_8671.jpg

DCP_8661.jpg

DCP_8654.jpg

DCP_8652.jpg

DCP_8650.jpg

DCP_8646.jpg

DCP_8645.jpg

She does look like a splash, doesn't she? But, they say that's impossible from a black and a blue. Doesn't she have the most delicate color you've ever seen? I'm in love with that one already. And one reminds me of a Siamese cat with dark around its eyes and edging on the wing feathers and another one is perfectly charcoal. So many variations of color!

They are so adorable!!

I'm just waiting for the day when I can hatch a bator full of different colors.
Most of mine are 19 weeks and I have red oegb and white cochin bantams that I think are about 24 weeks, so I'm thinking anyday now I will have some more layers.

First of the year the bator goes back on

That little one in the first pic is why my DH loves the Barred Rocks best. That one is just like her mother, Lexie, full of spunk. I swear, I'm half a mind to put her out in the nursery coop with her four week old sister and brother so she could see she isn't the toughest little girl in the coop, LOL!

I bet it's not impossible. I have to insert horse genetics here which may be irrelevant, but what the heck.

In breeding dilute horse colors (palomino, buckskin - single creme gene carriers) you can get a black horse. They're called smoky black. They appear black but STILL carry that creme gene - so they can have single dilute and EVEN double dilute offspring.

So, HMMM....

Back
Top Bottom