Here we are again

Production or heritage RIR?

Lack of light or heat or incomplete diet can do it. But if they are heritage stock then 6 months to lay would not be unusual.

they must be late bloomers, lol little jerks!!! my e.e. are only 12 week so i dont expect anything out of them for a long time

I have heard some peoples don't lay until 6 months, but mine(australorpxandalusian) are coming up on 20 weeks and nothing yet
hmm.png

Well dont feel to lonely. My moms b/f's TSC chicks are over 5 months and still no eggs. Extra light and calcium diet. They free range so maybe they are hiding them? My moms barred rocks arnt laying either but they are over 4 years old.

Last edited:
Jon,
Do you talk nice to them? I knew my hen was about to lay an egg and I told my little guy if you do the truffle shuffle in the coop (goofy dance off Gonnies) the hen will lay an egg. So I went ut there and did the truffle shuffle and poof an egg. My husband called me at work today quite irritated that my son was doing the truffle shuffle in the chicken run ALOT! THAT is how you get eggs...maybe it would work if you were 5.

Mine are going on 24-25 weeks and I just found a bundle of teeny tiny new eggs today.

The eggs will come and come and come...hang in there.

me,
g

oh lord i dont have any light inside my coop i figured they layed back before people put lights in the coop so why not now but maybe i outt to

Back
Top Bottom