Here We GO!! 6 Babies *All done*

Good morning all. It is Day 21!
I have 2 pips and 4 have hatched. 4 Eggs have not yet done anything. The hatched chicks are fuzzy now but still in the tiny incubator. I have at least 2 pullets and I think 1 cockerel, not positive about the other one. I thought it was a pullet when she hatched but she has more gold on her than the other pullets, so will have to see her out of the incubator first to know.

I thought someone else might hatch while I slept but they waited for me!
Of course I will post more pics soon.

Here is a pic of Pip #5 and one of the babies all fluffy looking on. Really what she is trying to do is stay close to the window wherever I am. It's getting pretty dusty in there now.

pip5.jpg

Nope, I just took that pic when I posted this morning. You are getting real-time pics as we go.

I have two this morning that are pipped but not zipping yet. 4 fluffy butts walking across all of them.

Awesome, baby 5 just got here.
celebrate.gif

maran5.jpg

Here is a pic of the pip watch while we waited for baby 5

pip5-watch.jpg

Baby 5 looks like he might be a cockerel. So 2 for sure cockerels and 2 for sure pullets. Not sure on one (leaning toward pullet)
And baby 6 is starting to zip!!

Little cockerel watches zipping

baby6-watch.jpg

And here are a couple of the girls having a nap.

marans-nap.jpg

Congratulations !!

My wife and I were so tickled to see your photos. We had read other threads you participated in regarding the Brinsea 20 ECO and it was so cool when we realized we'll see ours hatching. Our ECO will be here Wednesday. Our asst. bantam frizzle cochin eggs got here yesterday. We can't wait...

Thanks for posting the pics. They are incredibly adorable.

Baby 6 is mostly out!! Looks like a girl. She's still struggling to get out of the bottom half of the shell. This is the only thing I dont' love about hatching in egg cartons. It takes them a bit of struggle to get out of the bottom half of the shell.

maran6.jpg

And here's the gang, first 4 babies on the way to the brooder. Once they are dry you can clearly see that the one on the left is a little cockerel and the one(s) on the right are pullets. This color sexing is particular to the Golden Cuckoo Marans.

I put these guys in a brooder with an ostrich feather duster in it and they have disappeared into it. They are close enough to the same color that unless they stick a little gold bit out, I can't see them. I think they like it.
big_smile.png

first4marans.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom