Here we go again - I'm hatching more goslings!!

Ok, here ya go newly hatched Toulouse trio on their way to the brooder house.

f642884a.jpg

e5f8217a.jpg

7f2f15a1.jpg

My african eggs are starting to hatch!! So excited
Thats great F007- And hello from a fellow Kansan. Enjoy the rain today?

Quote:
Marty, It is wonderful to get shipped eggs that are all positive. Who shipped you the Sebastopol eggs? Only two of mine out of six developed embryo. All of the babies are so very sweet, and so cute! Good going psue, Squishy will have playmates soon.

I have her permission to share her name and contact info, so I'll just PM you. Celtic is the one who introduced us. Great eggs, each marked w/name of layer, and very well packaged. I'm seriously stealing some of her shipping techniques.

Also found out last night that my lilac and pied muscovys are all 7 spidering. I won't be candling goose eggs again until tonight, but so far 2 of 4 w/Erins Giants. I'm still happy.

Good morning! Happy to see hatchings going on. Can't wait for more pics!
Erin, I am pleased to report that your one intact cell egg has a pretty spider in it this morning!
big_smile.png
I am still hoping for one more, but we are on day 5, and so it only has a few more days to get into gear if it is going to develop.
Celtic, the troubled African egg quit on me, but the other two are frisky as can be. All 3 Toulouse eggs are growing well too. I know your world is beyond hectic and stressful, but I'd love to see more Toulouse baby pics, if you get a free minute.
Can't wait to candle my dewlaps on Wednesday. Hope they develop!!

Me too! DH has actually asked me if I heard if the eggs were good yet. He doesn't quite have it all worked out yet. Time.....

Iain, got some new pictures for you, will post in a second. So glad you have atleast one growing from that set. Our Toulouse eggs never did show up for the group hatch along.
The goslings from our friends Toulouse however are doing great. Just moved three out to the brooder house, waiting for the last to dry out and get its legs under it.
Sebbie breeding season here starting to wrap up. Our youngest girls (all whites) appear to be done laying. The colorful bunch are still laying though.

Oh, come on color sebbies! Do you have a link to close up color sebbie pics? I want to see what looks like what.
big_smile.png

Celtic - The Toulouse babies are adorable. Can't wait to have some. I'm loving hand turning the goose eggs, its fun to be in touch with them. Usually I'm very much on the outside looking in, except the spritzing of the duck eggs.

Too bad your eggs from Erin never came. It would have been fun to be an offical hatching buddy with you. At least Iain and I may have something for us to discuss the buff/gray genetics on.

Hope DH had a good day. And you too!

Marty you need to come join the Sebastopol forum. :D lots of good pictures there. I will see if I can get close ups for you today too. Will be putting in a permanent fence on their breeding yard today, so should get a few good pictures.

I can chat color genetics too, McGraw is a grey gander who is a buff carrier and is paired to Peaches a Lilac goose! We have all sorts of color going on there. Still hoping to talk Christone (Peaches breeder) out of splash and blue Sebbies too to add to the flock of colorful curls. Never have enough curls. :D

I'm afriad I'd feel like an imposter there! Having eggs doesn't really qualify me as a seb owner, and when it comes to Sebastopols, if a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, I'm a potential threat to goose kind.

Of course, thats probobly the best reason to go and educate myself. OH, I'm gonna post a pic later of the project my DH has taken on due to his sudden and consuming interest in dewlap geese. (uh, Iain) We have a largish fish pool, old and filled in, but still intact under dirt and crapola, that he actually grabbed a shoval and started digging out last night. Its like 5 ft deep in one spot so far. He says he's gonna make a pen around it, and let the big geese have it once he's got it to hold water again.

When you see the pic, you'll know why you can hear my wonder even online. He's fixing a decrepid pool for geese I don't even have eggs too, ya'll.
th.gif

Here is stage one of DH's new goose pasture project. I don' know weather to laugh, or be impressed. He really wants to fix it, and I believe he will. He's a miracle worker around here.

3 pics of one old fish pond, being emptied of a few decades of leaf mold, bricks, rocks, and trash bags or something. ITs a funny odd shape, so three pics. Its harder to see the parts at one end, its still burried and under all those leaves you see. Very twisty and turny.

(oh, its raining, so everything is wet)

Celtic, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the baby toulouse pics! Thank you for posting them! I cannot wait to hatch a few myself! I mean, I enjoy my africans more than my ducks (sorry to my babies)... but my heart is with the toulouse breed. I am sure I will be a total wreck as we get closer to hatch date.

And I really hope you get a new surprise package from Erin, even if the 1st set is lost forever.

Marty, that is funny about your hubby! My hubby is also building a dream house/yard for his soon to be dewlaps. I treat those eggs like precious gold and check the bator constantly to reassure myself it is maintaining steady temp/humidity. So far, everything has been ideal for them. Tell hubby I will report immediately after checking them on Wednesday morning. :D

Marty, kudos to your hubby for taking on that project. Your soon to be dewlaps will love it!!

Back
Top Bottom