Here we go....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
End of the treatment week, and I am still seeing blood.
I started increasing the undiluted dose the last two days. Yesterday I saw no blood. Today I did. Not very much, but some. I've also stopped using the heat lamp.
I'm going to give them a break of a few days, try to build up their immune systems and start again.
Any suggestions, comments, thoughts?
Thanks.

Praying you see some more progress in the treatment soon!!❤❤

End of the treatment week, and I am still seeing blood.
I started increasing the undiluted dose the last two days. Yesterday I saw no blood. Today I did. Not very much, but some. I've also stopped using the heat lamp.
I'm going to give them a break of a few days, try to build up their immune systems and start again.
Any suggestions, comments, thoughts?
Thanks.
They are still super active, in fact, they seem even happier now than when I first started treatment. But it's the fact it's not cured that's worrying.
I definitely would give them a break.

Take photos of the poop throughout the day so you can compare and we can see what they look like too.

Being super active is a good thing. When do you plan on putting them outside full time?

I've thrown the remaining water and got a new, bigger cup with fresh water, apple cider vinegar and a garlic clove in it.

Well, we're reconstructing an older shed for them, for night time, but they've been out pretty much all day today. I've left them in our front garden on their own, or with the dog.
Problem is every time I walk inside they try to follow me in 😳
This was from this morning.
This one I think had some blood in too, but there was one other one that had a fair amount of blood.
Thanks so much for your help, and just for being there.

Attachments

• IMG_20200721_082804.jpg
    IMG_20200721_082804.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 9
I've thrown the remaining water and got a new, bigger cup with fresh water, apple cider vinegar and a garlic clove in it.

Well, we're reconstructing an older shed for them, for night time, but they've been out pretty much all day today. I've left them in our front garden on their own, or with the dog.
Problem is every time I walk inside they try to follow me in 😳
This was from this morning.
This one I think had some blood in too, but there was one other one that had a fair amount of blood.
Thanks so much for your help, and just for being there.
When you talked to your vet last week or so, was she willing to do a fecal float to check worm and coccidia load? If she is, can you take some samples to her?

You gave a bigger cup - what have they been drinking out of? Never did see food or water containers in any of your photos - no birds either :(

They had been drinking out of an egg cup, as they were used to it and they kept spilling their water. It was getting a bit small.
Did you not see the birds?? I'm sorry! I must have forgotten to post photos of them.
They're eating off a small plate or cup usually too. Not ideal, but I've never bought specific chick waterers or feeders, as every time I'm told it's the last time (Although it usually isn't....a broody manages to 'accidentally' sneak in there)
First pic is both of them.
Second is Lord Ickenham having a sunbathe. He loves the sun.
Third is Lady Constance being a pancake. Someone told me she looks ill. She was just sleepy. She isn't showing any illness from the coccidiosis.
And then last is the other chick, who is being cared for by my broody.
This is the one who was very wobbly. You helped with him before if I remember correctly. He is doing great, and is a feisty cockerel.
They must have had Coccidiosis for two weeks now at least? They still are acting fine.

My vet won't do ANYTHING to do with chickens. Ireland isn't great when it comes to chicken vet care. I phoned her and as soon as I said the word chicken 😂 she very quickly finished the conversation and ended the call. Ahh.

Attachments

• IMG_20200717_161459.jpg
    IMG_20200717_161459.jpg
    280.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20200715_151525.jpg
    IMG_20200715_151525.jpg
    483.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20200713_073100.jpg
    IMG_20200713_073100.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20200716_122308.jpg
    IMG_20200716_122308.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 7
They had been drinking out of an egg cup, as they were used to it and they kept spilling their water. It was getting a bit small.
Did you not see the birds?? I'm sorry! I must have forgotten to post photos of them.
They're eating off a small plate or cup usually too. Not ideal, but I've never bought specific chick waterers or feeders, as every time I'm told it's the last time (Although it usually isn't....a broody manages to 'accidentally' sneak in there)
First pic is both of them.
Second is Lord Ickenham having a sunbathe. He loves the sun.
Third is Lady Constance being a pancake. Someone told me she looks ill. She was just sleepy. She isn't showing any illness from the coccidiosis.
And then last is the other chick, who is being cared for by my broody.
This is the one who was very wobbly. You helped with him before if I remember correctly. He is doing great, and is a feisty cockerel.
They must have had Coccidiosis for two weeks now at least? They still are acting fine.

My vet won't do ANYTHING to do with chickens. Ireland isn't great when it comes to chicken vet care. I phoned her and as soon as I said the word chicken 😂 she very quickly finished the conversation and ended the call. Ahh.
They are very sweet!
I think I would just monitor the poop for several days, see that they are eating/drinking really well and go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom