Here we go....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Every morning I make up their chick mash. Water (from now on medicated water), chick crumb, and occasionally yoghurt mixed in. But usually just crumb & water.
I refresh the medicated water every day. Using a jug and then any that doesn't get drunk, spilt, used, I use to wash out their box. If it needs it.
I lined the cardboard box with a bin liner to protect it if they spilt the water (as they continually do) and also it helps as I can pour the water in it to clean.

I should have gotten photos of the droppings before I cleaned them, only I noticed once or twice the Buff actually pecking the poops, so I prefer to clean up straight away, particularly ones with blood in.
I'm definitely noticing the blood in the mornings. If there is blood in the afternoon/evenings it's definitely happening less.
Maybe it's because they aren't drinking much during the night?
None of the ones with blood are still around, but this is what they have looked like from about 11 onwards.
White urates, solid, healthy looking.
If I see blood again I'll take a pic straight away.
Forgot to say they do also get treats of something like a vegetable to peck at ect. Only healthy treats, but it's worth mentioning.
That poop looks normal to me.
The ones you are concerned about - take photos.

What does your brooder space look like? Is the cardboard getting wet?

We have abnormal poops.
I knew it would happen.
These are from this morning, from about half an hour ago to five minutes ago.
The second one did have blood.
I'll get a photo of the box.
They only use it for sleeping in now, and I'm barely using the heat lamp, only for overnight.
I cleaned it yesterday, but there are droppings from last night.

Attachments

• IMG_20200718_072436.jpg
    IMG_20200718_072436.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20200718_073257.jpg
    IMG_20200718_073257.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20200718_074737.jpg
    IMG_20200718_074737.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 7
We have abnormal poops.
I knew it would happen.
These are from this morning, from about half an hour ago to five minutes ago.
The second one did have blood.
I'll get a photo of the box.
They only use it for sleeping in now, and I'm barely using the heat lamp, only for overnight.
I cleaned it yesterday, but there are droppings from last night.
Well one of them isn't good at all, but it's still not the improvement I was hoping for.
I suppose I'm worried if they don't get well soon it will be too late, as I have to stop the meds soon.
Did you get photos of the box?

The poop is not normal to me.

I would make sure they are drinking the Coxoid water and eating chick starter and nothing else.
Keep the brooder dry and clean.

Sorry if it isn't very helpful.
I took the photo earlier but forgot to post it.
They have only used this for one night since it was changed. I am going to clean it a bit more before they sleep in it again tonight.
They can escape out of it, and I let them. They like to sit in a certain corner of my room.
I will be cleaning the poops in there before they go back in.
Droppings were normal again this afternoon. Weird.
I didn't let them have any grass today. I let them go out in a crate, but only on dirt & moss.

Attachments

• IMG_20200718_081743.jpg
    IMG_20200718_081743.jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 4
I agree. It's worrying me now.
Although it does only seem to be the mornings that it happens.

ETA what am I saying. It's been worrying me from day 1.
I know it's been worrying you from day 1.

If it's only in the mornings - could they be too hot?
You're still providing heat? They are 5 weeks old, so should not need supplemental heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom