Heritage Large Fowl - Phase II

For the upright hatching, does anyone have a picture of how much of the bottoms they cut out of the cartons?
Bout the size of a dime/ half inch approx.

Jeff

Dragonlady beat me to it like she said not rocket science or specs. set in stone just a decent enough hole for air flow is all

Jeff

Last edited:
OK....... Trying to visualize what the chicks do after several have hatched, how do they rest or zip around while the hatch is finishing up?

There is room for them to get off of the tray. I cut mine up into different sizes to match the hatch.

If you have not tried hatching like this you should. The hatched chicks do not play hockey with the ones still hatching.

There is room for them to get off of the tray. I cut mine up into different sizes to match the hatch.

If you have not tried hatching like this you should. The hatched chicks do not play hockey with the ones still hatching.
I am going to give it a try! Have had 90% hatches consistently the last few years in my hovabator 1588's which I am more than happy with but the logic of standing them up just makes sense. This week I got a new Sportsman Digital for setting and will use the hovabators for hatching. Out with the old, in with the new!

Quote: It took then 6mos. and 3 weeks to figure out they had a problem?
ep.gif
I see they mention not
enough calcium can be a problem in birds? Are we to conclude that was the problem with the feed?
That amount of time is almost an entire growing season for someone's birds. How prompt of them!
he.gif

Karen

Back
Top Bottom