Heritage Large Fowl - Phase II

The APA is finally seeing the merit of getting younger people with fresh ideas. How an organization is run should be examined fairly often in these times. I may come across as just another old guy stuck in his ways, but I was born in SF and lived there many years ...along with my chickens......I am used to new ideas and if they are good ideas I have no problem embracing them. I am far more flexible in my old age than I was in my younger years. The APA has an election coming up and if the front runner is elected (Dave Anderson) we will have a business person as President. He bailed the APA out of a potential financial disaster a few years ago and can now concentrate on getting the APA out of the 1920's.

Walt

Will he get the APA out of the 1920s or will he do the same thing to beauracracy that business men have done to politics? Try to run something like a business (with profit/bottom line in mind) instead of maintaining the focus of what the thing was supposed to be in the first place (or should be concurrent to his running/management of it)? Should the focus of the APA be business or should it be Poultry?

Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

The APA is finally seeing the merit of getting younger people with fresh ideas. How an organization is run should be examined fairly often in these times. I may come across as just another old guy stuck in his ways, but I was born in SF and lived there many years ...along with my chickens......I am used to new ideas and if they are good ideas I have no problem embracing them. I am far more flexible in my old age than I was in my younger years. The APA has an election coming up and if the front runner is elected (Dave Anderson) we will have a business person as President. He bailed the APA out of a potential financial disaster a few years ago and can now concentrate on getting the APA out of the 1920's.

Walt
clap.gif
ya.gif
I don't suppose you could clone yourself Walt so that there would be more people out there open to new people and ideas?

Will he get the APA out of the 1920s or will he do the same thing to beauracracy that business men have done to politics?  Try to run something like a business (with profit/bottom line in mind) instead of maintaining the focus of what the thing was supposed to be in the first place (or should be concurrent to his running/management of it)?  Should the focus of the APA be business or should it be Poultry?

Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

Strange question. ..it's about poultry, but you can't promote poultry if you are bankrupt. The APA is a nonprofit organization, we are not in the business of making money. If you have a way around that I welcome your input. It would be wonderful to not have to worry about money.

Walt

Strange question. ..it's about poultry, but you can't promote poultry if you are bankrupt. The APA is a nonprofit organization, we are not in the business of making money. If you have a way around that I welcome your input. It would be wonderful to not have to worry about money.

Walt

I'm not talking about "not worrying about money". I'm talking about focus. Money must be made b/c management costs money; however, if the focus of a poultry organization is shifted from the poultry to the money, then you're not a poultry organization, you're a business that happens to "do" poultry.

I'm not talking about "not worrying about money".  I'm talking about focus.  Money must be made b/c management costs money; however, if the focus of a poultry organization is shifted from the poultry to the money, then you're not a poultry organization, you're a business that happens to "do" poultry.
Do you know anything about the APA?

Back
Top Bottom