Heritage Large Fowl - Phase II

And if your lucky enough to get joes advice/input at a show follow it!!! He is a great guy looking forward to his seminar on sat jan 18th at ne congress

Amen to that Vickie, I sure miss those two day events and many of the folks I knew and fellowshipped and learned from, that have passed on. Those were good times indeed.

Ripster

Hmmm I was wondering about that. I want to learn as much as I can before setting up. That is why I tapped into this thread. thank you for any help you can give. Sorry I realize it doesn't show where I am. I need to figure how to have that go with the avatar. We are in north San Diego county SoCal.

Well I'm partial to Javas and I know there are some Javas out there in CA. ExtraJava (Java HIll Farm) here on BYC has Javas out that direction.

Hmmm I was wondering about that. I want to learn as much as I can before setting up. That is why I tapped into this thread. thank you for any help you can give. Sorry I realize it doesn't show where I am. I need to figure how to have that go with the avatar. We are in north San Diego county SoCal.
Oh, my 'ol stompin' ground! Loving the North County! All my family lives there . Mom and Sis in Oceanside and Bro and his wife in Vista. Both my boys born in San D County. Moved from there in '92 back to western PA. Well, unless you are in the coastal zone, you probably need a bird which will handle heat in the summer. Which city are you in? That makes a big diff on how much heat your birds need to withstand.
Welcome to BYC and this thread!
Best,
Karen (formerly of Carlsbad, Oceanside and Vista, CA)

Hi,
I just finished reading Yellow House farm's reply ( post #18538 of 18547 ) to the Joel video.
Well done indeed, Joe. Frankly, I think Joe's post makes a great manifesto for this list.
So much to digest in that post. For me, the most important part was to remind us once again
that form and function are a sacred union.
Best,
Karen

Last edited:
Quote:
Bold and italics mine

This is the mindset of many beginners, like myself, who didn't/don't know that there are different choices when it comes to getting chickens. Many "backyarders" will never become serious breeders, but there might be some that choose to keep beautiful heritage hens, and out of those may be a few that decide to become serious. What did Bob say?

Quote: (Post #293 of this thread 09/24/10)
I am thankful that Bob started this thread and that Joseph and others are still trying to keep the message alive that "Heritage" chickens are worth having and promoting. I hope all of you "kicking the can down the road" never tire of repeating the message.

I have been to and exhibited in hundreds of animal conformation shows but never one that features poultry. I'm looking forward to going with my son, just as soon as he gets home and settles in.

We certainly won't even consider trying to have our feelings hurt 'til we've been to several, simply as spectators. So much to do and learn before that will happen.

hu.gif
Should be great quality time together. Perhaps Jason will make contact with a sweet country gal.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom