Heritage Large Fowl - Phase II

Well I am different than you three. Just good feed, clean water, and keep the bedding in good shape. I do not put them on the ground (except grass for some sun and exercise), until they are pretty feathered out. I figure it gradual exposure, even if it is delayed.

Nock on wood. This might be the year I have a problem, and I will have to eat my words. I will adjust if/when it becomes a problem.

Got the pictures now.

crooked
he.gif

Lots of pictures
big_smile.png
This should have a warning with it. LOL.

Never....ever...have I seen a chicken with that much enlarged, green bowel tissue and also green the green in other areas~did you happen to burst the bile sac? And what, pray tell, was that stuff in his crop?
sickbyc.gif
What were the symptoms again? Got any pics of heart, lungs, and gizzard?

Never....ever...have I seen a chicken with that much enlarged, green bowel tissue and also green the green in other areas~did you happen to burst the bile sac? And what, pray tell, was that stuff in his crop?
sickbyc.gif
What were the symptoms again? Got any pics of heart, lungs, and gizzard?
He did not respond to corid and yogurt. The next culprit would be e coli. That needs to be tested for at lab.

With people using hen saddles would it smart getting a color that matches the hens feather color? I can imagine if I get a white saddle for my BA's that would freak them out.

Last edited:
You would have to cut the intestines open to see what was happening on the inside. There is a lot of intestinal disease that can do that kind of damage. Examining the lesions on the inside, and checking other organs to see if any others are affected.

Got the pictures now.

Lots of pictures
big_smile.png
Quote:
Thank you for the link!

He likely did not make it because he was too far gone.

Treat the rest of your flock using the information I sent you via PM. You may need to use medicated feed in the furture since it seems like there is a bad strain at your place now. Wild birds may have brought it in. Medicated feed will not stop cocci now though so they need to be treated.

Once it is at your place it is nearly impossible to be "clean" enough, So be prepared to treat as soon as you see symptoms. If one gets as sick as this one, give him only corid water and no food or yogurt until ready to eat on his own. It is very important to get the medicine in as fast as possible.

Back
Top Bottom