Heritage Large Fowl - Phase II

Sorry, but I'm old fashioned , and I prefer that my birds have fresh waster once a day in the winter, and 3x a day in the summer. May I suggest that you people drink, and taste some of your 2-3 day old water that your birds are subjected to when using nipples, or ball waterers? Not nice.

Sorry, but I'm old fashioned , and I prefer that my birds have fresh waster once a day in the winter, and 3x a day in the summer. May I suggest that you people drink, and taste some of your 2-3 day old water that your birds are subjected to when using nipples, or ball waterers? Not nice.
goodpost.gif

I still refresh daily. The nipple allows them to have clean water with every drink and not just 1-3 times per day.
Maybe your chickens aren't as much of a mess with water as mine are.

I change mine every day (on the ball waterer) and my ultimate plan (if I can figure out exactly how to do it without electricity) is to have a circulating water system that feeds the nipple waterers.

Heck, when my birds get the chance, they will choose to drink out of a filthy puddle when there's fresh water right next to it. I would prefer they drink the fresh water but at times they can be pretty perverse!

Does anyone know of a good bantam SLW breeder?
Silver Laced Wyandotte bantams! I have no idea but someone on here must know somebody. Come on y'all, this thread is famous for helping people with stuff like this so let's get busy.

jpranch, what is your location, perhaps there is someone close by that somebody knows about and the closer the breeder is, the cheaper it is to have them shipped to you.

I guess I am forced to agree... bluh! LOL
But I can't agree without saying that I milk only cattle and sheep... You couldn't pay me enough to own a goat or to drink goats milk - is just gross. There is no better milk as far as taste or quality than sheep's milk imo but... We like butter so I milk A2/A2 cows too. ;-) (admittedly a bias opinion from the person who owned the first licensed sheep dairy in the southeast and who knows how much hellbender loves to banter. ROFL)
I have had nothing more to with sheep milk other than having tasted sheep milk cheese.. thought I was gonna' die. blaaahhaa but if it can be found, a calf could choke it down long enough go get on grass.

NYREDS... does John Hayes still have wyandotte bantams? I think I remember him having blacks and golden laced... though I'm not sure about silver laced. He's in New York state though jpranch. I know its not right next door but... we'll see if NYREDS responds.

I think that Duane Urch is in your neck of the woods. I don't know if he has these birds or not. I'm sure someone has a link to his operation and can post it for you.

Are there others?

Back
Top Bottom