Heritage Large Fowl - Phase II

NYREDS... does John Hayes still have wyandotte bantams?  I think I remember him having blacks and golden laced... though I'm not sure about silver laced.  He's in New York state though jpranch.  I know its not right next door but... we'll see if NYREDS responds.

I think that Duane Urch is in your neck of the woods.  I don't know if he has these birds or not.  I'm sure someone has a link to his operation and can post it for you.

Are there others?
@NYREDS that notifies them when you do that, right?

Last edited:
I have found this website. Has anyone heard of or ordered from here?
http://unclebeesbirds.webs.com/apps/webstore/

I've never heard of them but that doesn't mean a whole heck of a lot. Have you hatched eggs before? Shipped eggs are almost guaranteed NOT to hatch as the postal service is so rough with them plus they get shipped in a non-pressurized compartment in the plane belly so it dramatically affects the air cell. If you can wait for day olds from him, I would. However, do your homework first. Find customers and talk to them. His site says this variety is "coming soon" so find out possibly where he is getting them from. Or, hang in there and we'll see if someone knows someone who has good ones and is a reputable breeder.

Sorry, but I'm old fashioned , and I prefer that my birds have fresh waster once a day in the winter, and 3x a day in the summer. May I suggest that you people drink, and taste some of your 2-3 day old water that your birds are subjected to when using nipples, or ball waterers? Not nice.

Oh mine get dumped and filled fresh daily during those winter months when they are confined... Otherwise they drink out of the stock tanks or the creek... Or the bucket I refill fresh below one of the tanks each morning. ;-)

If I was looking for Wyandotte Bantams, I would hit a few shows and see who had what. They seam to be pretty common.

My birds get fresh water every day. When it gets especially hot, they will get some mid day so that they have access to cool water.

NYREDS... does John Hayes still have wyandotte bantams? I think I remember him having blacks and golden laced... though I'm not sure about silver laced. He's in New York state though jpranch. I know its not right next door but... we'll see if NYREDS responds.

I think that Duane Urch is in your neck of the woods. I don't know if he has these birds or not. I'm sure someone has a link to his operation and can post it for you.

Are there others?
Urch only has LF wyandottes I beilive.

An advantage to having a walk-in freezer...I put frozen gallon jugs of the waterers, turned upside down in the hotst summer day...not a big choir and the birds love it. fortunately, we have very few days like that plus the chickens drink out of the stream most of the day.

Back
Top Bottom