Heritage Large Fowl - Phase II

Well, let's see if I can upload pics of this mess in the backyard. The tree which fell was the largest of the pines you see along the back lot line. Sigh. I can't put my arms around its girth. There are 2 coops under that tree. The lower block of red is the ground level coop. It has a 4 ft. high run attached and both were unscathed tho they are under the branches. The higher red block on the right is the raised coop. The trunk missed it by inches. The coop is actually fine. Not even tweaked. But the stand-up yard attached to the rear of it is demolished. The twisted chicken wire is all intact except for one small section where the hole was blocked by a branch and a fallen board. No repairing that run. I'll shut the door on the coop tonight. The water and feed are in there anyway. That tree is at least 80 feet high. The massive trunk is on the other side of the red raised coop.
Best,
Karen

Last edited:

Well, let's see if I can upload pics of this mess in the backyard. The tree which fell was the largest of the pines you see along the back lot line. Sigh. I can't put my arms around its girth. There are 2 coops under that tree. The lower block of red is the ground level coop. It has a 4 ft. high run attached and both were unscathed tho they are under the branches. The higher red block on the right is the raised coop. The trunk missed it by inches. The coop is actually fine. Not even tweaked. But the stand-up yard attached to the rear of it is demolished. The twisted chicken wire is all intact except for one small section where the hole was blocked by a branch and a fallen board. No repairing that run. I'll shut the door on the coop tonight. The water and feed are in there anyway. That tree is at least 80 feet high. The massive trunk is on the other side of the red raised coop.
Best,
Karen
Yikes! I'm doubly glad that your chickens and coop are ok after seeing this. Wow - you have a lot of clean up to do.

{{{{{{{brush clearing vibes}}}}}}}}

- Ant Farm

Best,
Karen

Wow, sorry for the damage. I agree, trim the young maple up neatly and give it a chance to come back.

Hi,
Nothing left of the young maple but a shattered trunk. I have rehomed all my Light Sussex to farmer Karl in Blairsville, PA. He is a knowing poultry man with a farm who can breed them well this year since I have no grow out run now. He already has a large flock of my birds I sold him last year and is very happy with them. I am circling large fowl White Chantecler to replace them. I will miss the Light Sussex. they' re a great breed.
Best,
Karen

Hi,
Nothing left of the young maple but a shattered trunk. I have rehomed all my Light Sussex to farmer Karl in Blairsville, PA. He is a knowing poultry man with a farm who can breed them well this year since I have no grow out run now. He already has a large flock of my birds I sold him last year and is very happy with them. I am circling large fowl White Chantecler to replace them. I will miss the Light Sussex. they' re a great breed.
Best,
Karen

Thats to bad... I hope you enjoy what you do next.

Hi,
Best,
Karen

I'm so sorry about this:
hugs.gif
This reminds me of how precarious this whole chicken thing is.

Hi,
Best,
Karen

So sorry to hear the tree didn't come back, and the need to re home some of your chickens.
hugs.gif

- Ant Farm

Hi,
On a happier note we ended up with 20 inches of snow from Storm Jonas. Usually we just drive the 4WD over the driveway to pack down the snow. This time the neighbor kid had to plow us out with his ATV. How are ya'll?
Best,
Karen

Back
Top Bottom