Heritage/Standard Chicken Breeds

Jude Turkman

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jun 21, 2012
This thread is intended for discussing on the specifics of any heritage breed or standard breed of chicken. I admire these pure bred chickens so much but since I'm located in a country where these kind of breeds are not of any interest to most of the people here, I only got one pure bred cockerel, a white leghorn, which was given to me by a good friend. It will be a rooster to be mixed with the native chickens here. This thread will be so interesting!

So, what heritage chicken do you have and why do you keep them? Are there other heritage breed you want to include in your flock? Why?

Light sussex these were about before the 40s and used in the war effort in table and utilatey. I don't show very much naw because my time is took in breeding back the utilatey breeds we have. Chickens were bred to lay eggs and make a meal not to sit in a cage lay less eggs etc. There is very fuew about that will lay 2.70 eggs.

Light sussex these were about before the 40s and used in the war effort in table and utilatey. I don't show very much naw because my time is took in breeding back the utilatey breeds we have. Chickens were bred to lay eggs and make a meal not to sit in a cage lay less eggs etc. There is very fuew about that will lay 2.70 eggs.

These type is a great breed to be owned! Thanks a lot gary!

Gary, Are you in Scotland breeding the Kintaline (spelling?) Farm Light Sussex? I have followed their work for years. I had all pure English Light Sussex from Canadian , strains which came over long ago from England. My avatar was one at 10 months old.
Best Regards, Karen

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom