He's crowing at 6 weeks - short video

basicliving

Keepin' the sunny side up
11 Years
Mar 20, 2008
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Duke, my Silver Gray Dorking, started crowing the day he turned 6 weeks old - last Saturday. I managed to capture it on a 3 second video:

Is that not the cutest thing??? He is SO proud of himself. He's all alone in the picture because his crowing is still scaring the other chicks half to death! He crowed about 15 times this morning within just a few minutes. I got all of them - but cut out this little 3 second piece to show one of the *ahem* better ones.

Penny

I played it like three times
lol.png
That sure was cute. Can hardly wait until mine starts crowing.

Penny in OK

Hey Penny - LOVE your name
wink.png

I have to tell you, his first crow was SO exciting! If you are anything like me, you'll get nothing done for standing around waiting for the next one.

He struts around like King Tut now. He looks like he's saying "Oh yea - that was me. I'm crowing now. These are MY girls." Too funny!

Penny (in VA)

I have been waiting for my little rooster to start crowing going on 14 weeks now
fl.gif
hoping he starts soon. I love sitting around watching all the crazy stuff they do. Maybe today will be the day.
pop.gif

Penny

Thanks, Redfeathers. I was hoping others would find it cute. I tend to think everything my chicks do is cute- I was worried others wouldn't agree
cool.png
You know how mom's can be!

Penny in OK - Duke's first crow scared the other chicks and him silly. They ALL took off running, screaming, and flying - including him! It was hysterical. They are still startled when he crows, but not as bad as that first time. I think you are really going to love it when your roo gets started. From what I understand, Duke is an early bloomer - I sure wasn't expecting it this early!

Penny (in VA)

That is really cute! I wish I liked hearing roosters crow like you guys do but to be honest roosters crowing all day drives me crazy...hope I don't get banned from the board!

Quote:
That's too funny! And my husband has told Duke several times to enjoy the attention now - because he doesn't think it will be quite so entertaining as Duke gets bigger and the other rooster figures out how to crow too..... I don't think I'll ever tire of it though.

Back
Top Bottom