He's or She's in my flock????

All boys sorry
hit.gif

Quote:
I gotta ask.......ordered from WHERE? This is someplace I want to avoid! I can understand one or two boys in an order mistakenly, but if I'm mathing right (can you use math as a verb?) you ordered fifteen pullets and got seven roos? That's fifty percent, I could do that good!

I too would like to know where you purchased these. That's a horrible sexing accuracy. Would be worth a phone call to the hatchery IMO.

I ordered 25 pullets from McMurray- some SLW and some BO's. I sold some, and kept 5 of each. So of those breeds that I kept, 2 of the 10 were roosters. The two exotics were add ons from McMurray - freebies, so no surprise they were Roos.
hit.gif

And the three Wellsummers were straight run from a local hatchery. Total bummer - won't do that again!
I'm learning all kinds of lessons lately!
rant.gif

Last edited:
I have 10 week olds and non of mine have such large combs on then except for my SLW which has been my subject of of chatting latley because I 'm believing that it is a boy. it has the same comb and waddles as yours.

Quote:
My other SLW's have much smaller combs and waddles. Also theirs are more flesh toned or pink compared to this one who's are bright red. He is also larger than the others. Makes me wonder bout yours too!
idunno.gif

I would tell the hatchery right away. If they won't make good, you tell them all your BYC friends are waiting to hear their response. You might mention BYC has more than 60,000 members.

Back
Top Bottom