Hey, all you lurkers! (I mean YOU!) Register and talk to us! - 2022 Edition

Pics
Screen Shot 2023-04-09 at 11.33.07 PM.png

Ok, so official 'introduction' (though I've already posted some). I lurked for a few weeks before finally joining.

We have a 2nd home in Middle Georgia, "the farm," (primary home located in metro Atlanta) that we've had since 1999. It started out as a hunting property (deer, turkey), and the more time we spent there, the more time we wanted to spend there. Now we are looking towards retiring there in a few years (hopefully!). We spent a lot of time there during the peak of Covid, and continue to extend our weekends there beyond Saturday and Sunday.

We realized we could actually set up a home for chickens in a way that did not require daily attention, and the price of eggs got so crazy, we decided to go for it. So I began researching, and a lot of my 'googling' led me right here, to BYC. I checked out library books, bought an e-book, and googled, googled, googled. We developed a list of requirements, decided on 10 Rhode Island Red chickens, and started building (utilizing a good bit of reclaimed materials). We finished the coop/pen just in the nick of time, when our chicks were about 5.5 weeks old. They are about 7 weeks old now, and are loving their new 'palace.' I finally stopped lurking and decided to join a couple of weeks ago because I realized I will never know all there is to know about chickens, and this had become my #1 'goto' when I had questions.

So, thank all of you who extremely knowledgeable 'chicken people' who are active, and are so willing to share your knowledge and experience!

AI is busy this morning!
Maybe, but members aren't.
Members online has been consistently lower. Quite a bit lower and continuing to drop.
On the other hand guests online (be it real or robots or whatever) has skyrocketed since this thread was last active.

Back
Top Bottom