Pics

BYC Project Manager

BYC Staff
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
15 Years
Feb 22, 2009
hey.png

About 16 years ago a wonderful member of our community noticed that there were a TON of people "lurking" (browsing BYC as non-members) and asked: "How can there be 100+ people lurking on BYC right now?"

Well, a LOT has changed since then... and as I type, I see this listed on the homepage of BYC:

Untitled design (1).png

YUP, that's just over 160 TIMES as many "lurkers" as we saw online 16 years ago!

Sesame Street Fainting GIF

So, I'd like to echo the perfect words spoken 16 years ago: "C'mon, y'all, sign up and talk to us!
big_smile.png
"

...and once you join, reply here and let us know why you were lurking, what convinced you to sign up, and what we (as a community) can do better to convert more lurkers to members. :highfive:

Season 4 Group GIF by Friends

(oh, and if anybody notices a larger number of lurkers than the current 16,086 please screenshot it and post it here)

Thanks for the tag! :highfive:
1705677186543.png

Thanks for the tag
IMG_1192.jpeg

View attachment 3728950

About 16 years ago a wonderful member of our community noticed that there were a TON of people "lurking" (browsing BYC as non-members) and asked: "How can there be 100+ people lurking on BYC right now?"

Well, a LOT has changed since then... and as I type, I see this listed on the homepage of BYC:

View attachment 3728988

YUP, that's just over 160 TIMES as many "lurkers" as we saw online 16 years ago!

Sesame Street Fainting GIF

So, I'd like to echo the perfect words spoken 16 years ago: "C'mon, y'all, sign up and talk to us!
big_smile.png
"

...and once you join, reply here and let us know why you were lurking, what convinced you to sign up, and what we (as a community) can do better to convert more lurkers to members. :highfive:

Season 4 Group GIF by Friends

(oh, and if anybody notices a larger number of lurkers than the current 16,086 please screenshot it and post it here)
I joined after a few days of lurking! Hello!

Back
Top Bottom