Hey any Gay members?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a recent What would you do study....

I like to think I would stand up for people to mind their own business. I stay off of threads on topics I disagree with or even on threads where the majority of the people have an opinion differing from my own. Often I will read them simply to better understand their point of view. Then I keep my finger to myself and move on. (This is very hard for me but I am growing up!)

Freedom means if you ain't hurting no one you get to do your own thing.....

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

Here's my issue with this. I have no issue with gays. None what so ever. Not even a little bit. What I do have a problem with is making an issue about it on a poultry forum. Should we now have a thread for...hey, any black members? or hey, any swingers? or hey, any nudists? hey, any cross dressers? This forum has 6 billion members. I reckon theres probably people from every single facet of life. Our enjoyment of poultry is what has brought everyone here. I dont see any reason why sexual preference should be a reason for a thread. Theres other forums for that.

Quote:

I think she meant that the judgmental people should just ignore threads that they disagree with.

Yay! Great to see this topic here and to 'build bridges' in all parts of world.

For the lady who has not come out to her parents...if you are sure this will be your long term path in life, it's good to let parents know. Even if they are upset and/or angry at first, I think most parents eventually come to understand and accept their children....some need time though. I know so many young folks who got angry at their parent's first reaction and turned away...give 'em time...let 'em have a second reaction, and a third....

Having a child often means one may not see eye to eye with how they live their life. But to most parents, the family sticking together, is more important than other worries.

I once asked my mom what her reaction would have been if one of us had told her that we were on a different path.

She said, 'Well first I'd yell and scream, then I'd go get a Gay Cookbook'.

LOL. Way back in those days, I don't even think there WAS a gay cookbook!!!!!!

Last edited:
Quote:
That's actually the very thing I love about BYC. All the diversity and yet the common thread of loving chickens. These various threads make this site interesting and cultural to me.
smile.png

I do believe that if everyone was as nice as most gay people than the world would be a much more peaceful place.
smile.png

All of these nice comments are just making me SO happy!

Last edited:
I just took in a foster son that has 2 fathers,....(hes here for HIS behaviors.. not bad parenting)
GREAT guys! Very good fathers and people in general... this 16 yr old kid came to me knowing to sit at the table every night together at dinner, to say his prayers.... to WASH his hands before a meal..*gasp!*...
I can just tell this kid was raised RIGHT! ... i've also taken in kids raised by 2 "normal" parents.. and they had NO manners.. none.... no parenting at all.
You can just tell...

Also i just gave them my incubator and some eggs to incubate..... told them to come here for advice and help and that we are a great forum.
How embarrasing and hurtful if these 2 good men are shunned by people on here....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom