Hey can anyone help me figure out what breed or mix this rooster is?

FarmingForFun

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jan 31, 2012

Sorry the pictures are not the best quality its the best I could do this morning. I was given this rooster and I would like to know what breed/ mix he is. I would like to set hime up in his own flock what breeds of chickens do you think he would mix best with?

First thing that strikes me is a Langshan mix - especially with the feathered feet and body/tail carriage.

He could be an EE but he doesn't really strike me that way. I can't tell if the legs are black or slate, and he doesn't have muffs/beard. Though his comb does look like it could be a peaXstraight.

Yes he does have feathered legs.
Langshan mix seems spot on! I looks up some pictures of langshan mixed roosters, and he looks just like them. The guy that gave him to me said he had some silkie in him so a silkieXlangshan?

don't know what breed/mix he is, but he sure is pretty!!
love.gif

He's beautiful and I can definately see the langshan in him, but I don't see silkie. Gorgeous rooster

Thanks! I will try to find some langshan/langshanX ladies to put him with. He has a few girlfriends now a couple of EE's and a Barred, but my dominique rooster has the majority of the flock under his wing. I want to let my dominique hens hatch some chicks out so I need him preoccupied. I was looking to put this guy with some ladies that will make pretty babies if they ever hatch some of there eggs. Again thanks for the info! After I looked at some langshanX roosters I believe that is what he is! And maybe I will let the EE's and Barred go with him since they seem to fancy him!

Back
Top Bottom