Hey!, Come in out of the rain!

big_smile.png

yes, here in Michigan because of the Hurricane, it's been 4 full days of rain. Until it moves through Michigan we will be drowning in rain and my chickens have figured out to stay inside lately, but they still walk around in the rain...I see they'll probably be doing this in the winter too...

Also a way to cut down on the mud is to put down wood shavings...I get a HUGE bag from the local lumber mill for $2 and with all the rain and winter coming soon, I'm gonna have to buy 2 bags and just dredge the area down with it.

I am also in Mi st.john's and we have sooo much rain too.My chickens don't go out in it.They run out for about 10m then run back in soo I have just kept them in where it is nice and dry and warm.

Feb. '07 we had eleven feet of snow in that month. And we sometimes trick or treat in snow. As much as I dislike the heavy rain...at least I don't have to dig to get to my chickens. Not that I dislike snow...it's pretty...for the first month.
smile.png

LOL-I'd think it was pretty the first day and then I'd want it gone...that's why I miss Tennessee, didn't have hardly any snow and that was in the foothills of the mountains. I just went out to check on them and sure enough, they are all perched up high in their new coop. I'm happy because for a minute I thought they were all in the rain. It took them awhile to understand that this was their new coop too but they got it. I only have one that has her but in the rain because theirs no other place for her to perch because her area until she gets older is under the rabbit hutch we made into a coop. At the top is a Mom and her three babies, and Portabella being a junior and getting attacked by the older ones is at the bottom of the hutch with an enclosed run. So, there is no place but the wood of the hutch to perch at and so she is sticking out a bit but the older ones in their new coop are all perched high and they seem to be pretty darn happy and dry.

Back
Top Bottom